Wednesday, June 3

lucky girl

As I tuck my toes under my sheets, I can't help but to think about how I'm suddenly 24 {where has the time gone?!?} and how I keep getting luckier with age. Last night Kurt, Josh, Meredith, and I went to a fun little Irish Pub by our apartment to watch the hockey game and celebrate my birthday {a tad early.} The beer was awesome and the burger was yummy! Mer and Josh decided to buy me a ticket to the Coldplay concert on Friday!!! I wasn't expecting them to get me anything, I simply wanted to hang out with friends as my present. But, being amazing friends they knew how badly I wanted to go to the concert. {Kurt knew the plan, and bought his own ticket!} The ended up spending the night here, too {after a trip to the liquor store to stock up on Bailey's!} 

I was awoken this morning when Cooper jumped on the bed because he was trying to eat my breakfast {in bed.} Kurt made me homemade french toast and bacon :) Coop sure liked it, too! 

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to lunch with my friend, Susanah, like originally planned. I ended up having too many things to get ready for my interview and didn't have time. My interview went really well, so we'll see what they have to say. I knew Kurt was planning on doing something special for dinner. 

This is what I came home to... {organized chaos?!?}
 
Cooper was patiently waiting for his daddy to make him dinner....well that's what he was hoping! 

I wish pictures included smells. When I walked in the door it smelled awesome! 

I was not allowed to help with any part of making dinner. Kurt said he was enjoying it, he looked like it, too. 


Cooper was being REALLY patient tonight and paying extra special attention for when food fell on the ground. I think he has learned that patience is a virtue because his mommy always accidently drops yummy things on the ground. 

What a cutie!!!


I also had to be patient, so I decided to enjoy myself while waiting. 

And the final product. Chicken with white wine sauce {yum}, broccoli {yumm}, and homemade (with peeled potatoes and everything...wow!) au gratin potatoes {YUMMMM!} 

Oh, and if that wasn't enough....he made my favorite shortcakes to have strawberry shortcakes for dessert!

After dinner, we rushed to my parents house to spend some time with them and eat our dessert. Julia and Quinn came over to hang out, too. I haven't gotten to spend time with Julia lately so it was great to get some time together today! 

She sang happy birthday to her Kiki.
She even helped me blow out the candle...{apparently I turned 0 today!}

Eating our amazing strawberry shortcake!

And why not learn how to be a gymnast, too! 

Julia helped me open up my presents. Looks like there is some serious shopping in the near future for me!!!! I love getting gift cards and can't wait to use them. My mom is also taking me to Chicago at the end of June for a long weekend to do some great shopping and spend some time together :) Kurt also got me a $100 gift card to the spa {ooo la la} and he's going to pay for me to get my teeth whitened {which I've been wanting to do forever!} Julia decided she wanted to try on my new shirt/dress I got. It was a little big but she did a great job modeling it! 


When I pull the covers up over my head tonight, I can't help but think of all the amazing people who make my life great. While things have been tough lately and things haven't been working out like we had planned, I have to learn to enjoy the moment and realize the great things going on around me each and every day. Here's to great family, friends, {shopping,} and a new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!