Tuesday, June 16

hooked on blogging

It's true, I'm a total addict. 

My blogging fixation began with wedding blogs. {Kurt and I have been together for close to 6 years and are hoping to get engaged soon...not to mention I've been obsessed with weddings ever since I can remember!} I continue to follow some really great wedding blogs and save things I'd like to remember when my time comes. A couple months ago, I couldn't wait any longer {to get engaged} to start a blog. So even though I don't blog about wedding planning, hopefully sometime {soon} I will. :) 

Our engagement plans were put on somewhat of a hold a couple months ago. Our apartment lease is up in July and we had to decide if we wanted to stay or leave. We are smitten for where we live, BUT it is pricey. So pricey we could probably get a mortgage for less than what we're throwing away each month. With the way the housing market is {and the $8000 tax rebate} we decided to save money and try to buy a house by the end of the year. Sounds great, huh?!? 

Not. So. Much.

There is absolutely no way that we could save money for a house by renting our apartment monthly. We don't have enough money to buy a house now. And, we don't want to get locked into another lease by moving into another apartment. So the solution is for us to move home. To our parent's house. Separately. It's really not the end of the world and moving back home isn't the worst part {of course I'll miss both my boys extremely}, but hopefully everything will work out in the fall. 

Long story short, lately I've been drawn to reading house blogs {since buying a house will most likely occur before planning a wedding.} I am t o t a l l y hooked on This Young House. If you haven't checked out this blog, you're missing out big time! Be prepared to be glued to the computer screen for hours - you have to start at the beginning. I love that they have totally redecorated an older home because we are looking at buying an older house that will definitely need lots of work. Instead of me blabbing more about how great this blog is, just go check it out....I'll probably be reading, too! :) 

In the near future, I hope to be blogging about redecorating a house AND planning a wedding. But for now, I'll continue to drool over all the other great blogs and dream about my turn to do both of these things. 

I'm not the only one dreaming. Cooper was dreaming about how much he {and his mommy and daddy} wants a doggie sister and a nice BIG yard where they would play a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!