Thursday, June 18

great news & feeling sad

Luckily, these two things are completely unrelated! 

I'm so excited to share my great news with you! I officially got a job today....teaching at the SAME school that I absolutely l.o.v.e. While I won't have my own classroom yet, the style of teaching at Orchard is different than many because we work in close knit teams {so I'll be in the classroom a lot}. The best part is, I've already worked with this team for a whole semester!! I can't wait to see what this new year of teaching brings; many exciting ideas are floating around in my mind. I feel so relieved. I'm so lucky to be at such an amazing school with teachers and kids that I adore. I'm sure you'll be hearing more news via Orchard in the upcoming months! :)

On the complete other side, I was feeling quite blue today. As I was shopping, {for a father's day present and Josh's birthday gift} {HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH!!!} I couldn't help but to notice how utterly perfect all of the house items were. Ever since we decided to move into an apartment, I love admiring {and occasionally buying} things to spruce up the place. I have a new found inspiration to decorate a place...especially with all of the talk of us trying to buy a house. I couldn't be more excited to find a place and get started on the renovations. 

But there is one {LITTLE} detail holding that inspiration back...

We're moving home, not buying a house anytime in the immediate future. And that means I won't be buying any of the stunning items that would make our place look fabulous. Also, it means that when I'm shopping, I can either make myself miserable while drooling over things I can't have or quickly peek at these items while I sadly move my cart down the isle to the less interesting side of the store. Call me dramatic, but I'm almost jumping out of my pants with the excitement of {hopefully} decorating a house. Until then, I'll keep designing rooms in my mind of where I'd love to live {and be writing my blog}. 

But, hey guess what? Moving to a house is a little more realistic now, because I HAVE A JOB!!!! Going out with Kurt to celebrate a little tonight. Enjoy your evening; catch you on the flip side :)

P.S. - Happy 25th Birthday, Josh! Hope you have 25+ more amazing years ahead of you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!