Thursday, June 11

beauty is pain {in my wallet}

I've been thinking a lot lately that I don't take care of myself enough. I think there is a certain degree of pampering {whatever that may be...golf, massages, shopping, etc} that everyone needs in their life. I haven't felt great about myself in a long while and I'm kinda over it! I received a ton of gift cards for end of the year presents and my birthday. Yesterday Meredith and I went shopping all afternoon. It felt really great to buy some new things that actually fit my body. I scheduled a hair appointment for next Monday which couldn't come soon enough!!! Kurt bought me a gift card to a local spa that I'm going to use next week and I can't wait. 

Tonight was the ultimate feel good pampering one could have. Long story short, there is a young {new mom} at the church I grew up at who recently found out she has stage 3 lymphoma. With the new addition to their family and only being 26 {and not being able to work}, they are having a hard time paying all of her medical bills. She works at the local spa {where I'm going next week}, so they decided to have a Spa Night at our church and all proceeds went directly to her. My mom and I each had a 30 minute massage for $30...what a deal! Not only did it feel great for my body but also made me feel good for helping out someone in need. 

I do have to admit, it was VERY weird laying half naked in the church basement, which doubles as the school's cafeteria {where I ate lunch for 8 years of my life}, AND I had a man masseuse!!! BUT it felt wonderful and made me realize how important it is to take care of yourself every once in awhile. 

Note to self: splurge on a massage a couple times a year because it makes you feel great {and helps your very achy back}!! 

PS:
Phillipe's is having another Spa Night for the same family at the spa on Sunday, June 28. While all the services are full prices, EVERY penny is going straight to her. If you want more information on this, or would like to go {with me!} let me know. I'll be there, why not make yourself feel good while helping someone else! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!