Friday, September 18

walking and shopping

I'm so excited for tomorrow! My mom and I are going to do the American Heart Association Heart Walk in the morning. This is an association very close to our hearts. Last July 17, I got a phone call from my oldest brother, Andy, telling me that our dad was going to have emergency bypass surgery out of the blue. This is a story for another day, but he's doing okay now. Those people who have walked in the past, helped save my dad's life. I hope that our donations help other families in need. Plus, we will get free cholesterol tests {and other heart tests} to make sure we're keeping our hearts healthy. {Both my dad's dad and his grandfather passed away from heart disease. That means my brothers and I are at extreme risk for heart disease...if we don't take care of ourselves. Not to mention we have anxiety and high blood pressure that run in the family.....}

It's great to get some exercise and spend time with my mom all while we're helping others. I'm sure you're wondering why my dad won't be there?!? Well, he was given free tickets to the Notre Dame game. I suppose I'd be choosing that over a walk as well!

After the walk, Kurt and I are hopping in the car and driving 2 hours to Cincinnati....and I can't wait! We're going to the IKEA to shop for new house things!!!!!!


I L.O.V.E spending time in the car with Kurt. It's been something that we've done somewhat often within the past 6 years. We always have the best conversations. It simply feels great to be together and spend that time without any other worries. Of course, I love shopping, too! I love buying things for the house much better than for myself. It just feels great knowing that the things we buy together are going to make our house into our home. Lastly, I couldn't be more excited because I've NEVER been to IKEA. I've searched the website and catalog. I don't know how we're going to decide on just a few items. I think I'd get close to buying the entire store, if I could! :)

I'm sure Sunday will be a nice relaxing day spent watching football, etc. {P.S- Go IU!!}

Have a great weekend. I'm really hoping that I can share pictures of some amazing things bought at IKEA. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!