Wednesday, July 8

one year

One year ago, Kurt and I moved into our apartment. It was a very exciting day. I had been looking forward to moving in together for quite some time. We had spent months searching for house ware items and were able to buy 95% of our things on sale {I couldn't wait to use all of them...even the cleaning things!} Everyone from both our families came to help us move and before we knew it the place was looking really great.

I remember telling people that it was really bizarre to be moving out of my parents house because I would never live with anyone other than Kurt {and our kids} for the rest of my life. How scary yet very exciting this was to think about! That day after everyone {finally} left, I remember feeling so weird. I was obviously so excited, but I remember feeling a little sad for the first couple of nights about the fact that I would never again live with my parents. It was almost like a "WOAH! I'm really growing up." moment that I was having a difficult time with. 

Now, as I sit here packing up everything from the past year, I'm even more sad. I'm sad that I won't be able to see my boys every morning I wake up and every night before my little eyes close. I'm sad that all of our things will be stored away for who knows how long before we get to use them again. And, I'm sad because I've loved this little apartment of ours. I don't think we've had the time yet to really sit back and think of all the memories we've made living here together. 

Moving in was our first big step we made together. Now it's over. The place is a mess. Everything is finding its way into a dark box. And little by little, we're disassembling everything that made our little apartment a home for us. 

So, I guess life throws tons of curve balls at you and you've got to figure out how to catch them and make them fit into your "plan." While I wasn't planning on ever living with anyone other than Kurt again, being back with my parents won't be so bad after all! And hopefully we'll be back together again as our little family of three in a new house {in the fall}. 

Life also likes to teach you lessons the hard way. OK life, I learned {!!}  ....don't be so impulsive and don't rush into big decisions. Maybe we should have waited a few more months to move or moved into a not so nice apartment, who knows and who's to say what would have happened. But, one things for sure - I'll never forget this awesome apartment and the things that took place inside of it. I'm glad I get to share those memories with Kurt. 
   

P.S - Cooper is sad because he will no longer be able to look out our huge third floor windows at all the dogs walking by on the Monon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!