Monday, July 6

4th of July

Happy 6th of July! I hope you had a great weekend. Kurt and I {along with Bailey and Cooper} went to the lake to spend the 4th with his family. We scurried around the apartment on Thursday trying to get the last minute things together and get up there quickly. Unfortunately the weather on Friday and Saturday was subpar and we didn't spend much time on the lake. Actually, my weekend was spent with a lot of {wine}

       

   

 {In fact, I think it involved too much of this. Yes, I did fall backwards out of my chair while playing euchre in front of his whole family -- aunts, uncles, cousins, etc!} and wishing I could get rid of {fireworks}.

I know every 4th of July to expect tons of fireworks. And I know I probably sound like a huge grump, but I'm really not a fan of fireworks. ESPECIALLY when they continue on and o n and...you get the point. Sure they look cool and wow they make really loud noises, but they scare the s*** out of my doggies. If they don't like them, neither do I! :) So, I guess it's not really a matter of me disliking them, it's really that the dogs freak out/shake/pant all night/hid in tiny spaces and nothing I do {except give them medicine} helps one little bit. Please neighbor kids at the lake, go to bed and save those fireworks till next July 4th when I expect my dogs to freak out and I have enough medicine to last the entire night.


Good thing the weather was beautiful yesterday. Oh wait! We spent the entire morning glued to the T.V. watching the Wimbledon Final. Unfortunately, we sat there for 4 hours too long just to watch Federer win.... a g a i n. Good thing Roddick isn't too hard on the eyes and a favorite of mine to watch. Thankfully the match {finally} ended and we were able to enjoy the remainder of the afternoon on the water. 


Thank God it's my LAST week of summer camp. Can't wait to relax!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!