Wednesday, July 29

a day in the life...

...of my mini-me, Julia.

Today was very fun because I spent the entire day with Julia. Quinn dropped her off at my parents house early this morning. She arrived in her colorful, cute pj's with a car load of baby dolls and accessories, 2 blankets, and a bag packed full of pool necessities.

We hung out at Nana and Papa's house for awhile with the doggies. She is SUCH a 'mommy' and it's funny because I was exactly like that when I was little. Before we headed off to the pool, she had to put Pink Baby in her swing {Julia's from when she was a baby} to take a nap while we were swimming. She buckled her in, gave her a bottle, kissed her, and then said, "Bye, baby. Take a good nap." Oh, and her other new favorite thing is 'her' purse...a.k.a. my Louie clutch that she refuses to put down. Today she reminded me that she "likes it because it's expensive." -- Not kidding one bit! Needless to say, one baby, both blankets, and Louie had to come with en route to the pool. But, all of thee above had to stay in the car!

We had lots of fun at the pool together. She absolutely loves the water and it doesn't hurt that I get to tan at the same time! :) After we swam for quite awhile, we met Nana, Papa, and Uncle Patrick at Chipotle for some yummy lunch. She was acting very goofy the entire time...it's so cute to see. Once she was done eating, she wanted to be the 'big helper' and threw away all of our trash for us. My mom gave her a dollar for working 'so' hard...you should have seen her face! She said, "I can't wait to put this in my purse!".......... {Mom, if you're reading, I didn't get a Louie until my 21st birthday. She BETTER NOT get one when she's like 10! Ha!!!}

We headed home in hopes of taking a nap. But, Julia had plans of her own....to take care of those babies of hers that needed fed and given a nap. Finally, I got her into her bed {with all the babies} and thought she had fallen asleep quickly. Not too long after, I heard voices coming from her room while she played contently with them in her bed. Then I heard, "get me outta here!"

She had been telling me all day about going to see Kurt and Cooper {whom she adores}. I knew that she wanted to see them badly enough that if we got in the car and I told her that she needed to take a nap on the way, that she'd fall asleep. And she sure did! So, I ran through the bank drive-up window and then decided to take a very long way to Kurt's house to allow for a decent nap. When we turned into Kurt's neighborhood, she woke up and said, "Kiki, where are we going?" You should have seen the look on her face when I said, "We're going to Kurt's house!"

(Getting messy while eating a popsicle at Kurt's!)

We stayed at Kurt's house for quite awhile. She loved being there with Cooper and running around the house. I was finally able to get her out of the house because we needed to get back to her house. When we got home to see Harry {her doggie}, it was time to eat dinner and play some more. Sure enough, she fed the babies some more while I made dinner!! After dinner, she decided that she wanted to call Papa. She had about a 10 minute conversation with him, including many times that he needed to go to 'time-out' because he was still at work. Then she decided she wanted to call Nana. So, we talked to Nana for awhile. Right after she hung up the phone, she decided she wanted to call Patrick {who asked if we wanted to get ice cream with him}. Then Christopher. We then had to call Nana back!

We waited for Uncle Patrick to call us back so we could meet him at Cold Stone. I told Julia that when we left the ice cream place, that we had to hurry home and get ready for bed {we left for Cold Stone after her bed time...oops, that's what aunts are for, I guess!} When we got there, she chose the blue, Cotton Candy, ice cream. And, she ate every last bite!! We hurried home and started to get her jammies on. Well, then she decided that she needed to try and go pee pee on the potty, which she did. When she does this, she gets to eat a sucker...woo hoo for more sugar! So, she ate her {blue!} sucker while we put her jammies on and read a couple stories. We quickly brushed teeth and then headed to bed.

Phew, I'm tired thinking about how much fun we had together today! It's really fun to be able to spend time with her and watch her grow. The things that come out of her mouth make me laugh and amaze me!

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!