Wednesday, May 27

smitten for...kids

As you've heard before, I have absolutely adored children since the moment I can remember anything. And so, it is fitting that my profession of choice is teaching! There are so many reasons why I love being a teacher, I can't even begin to count. I thought today would be an appropriate day to talk about teaching since today was our very last day {of 2nd grade!!} 

There aren't many people in this world who look forward to going to work each and every day. Every day is a new adventure in the world of teaching...you never know what you'll hear, what problems you'll have to deal with, and the amazing things kids will learn each day. Every hug makes your heart melt, every argument makes you want to scream, but most importantly you fall asleep every night knowing you are making the difference in a child's life in some way.

This year has been a very special year but today has been a very bittersweet day. I have been teaching at my dream school all year, but they hired me on to take over two different maternity leaves {it is a private school so they can do this!} I taught 1st grade all first semester and 2nd grade all this semester. I have grown to love the people, kids, and everything in between about this school. The problem is, along with every other school in the city, we are struggling with money. Because I was hired for such a specific reason, they do not have a position open for me for next year. Also, really no other schools in the area are hiring {at least right now they aren't!} So currently I do not have a job for the fall....and right now things aren't looking good for next year. :( 

Today I have had to try and stay positive about things, but it's a hard thing for me to do. Hopefully I'll be able to report soon that I have a job in the fall and will be back into the swing of teaching little kiddos every day. As for now, I'll enjoy the beginning of summer with the bottle of wine that one of my kids gave to me today!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!