Thursday, May 14

lonely

I'll be honest - there have been evenings when Kurt has a meeting and I've been excited to come home and spend some alone time. I think I want to take back all of those nights I felt that way...

Because of his job, he has a very flexible schedule. He works when other people can meet with him, which normally ends up being in the evening. Also, because of the economy, he has decided to try and find a part-time job to help with some extra cash. He found a job opening at a company that would fit into his schedule...this means if he gets the job he'll be working nights {think 9pm-4am}. He was scheduled to have the interview today. When I texted him this afternoon while at work to see how the interview went, he told me that it wasn't at 11am, it's not until 11pm! So, not only did he have a meeting tonight, he'll be coming home to change/eat dinner and then be heading out again to his interview.

Don't get me wrong, some extra cash around here would be very nice! But, while I'm sitting here watching hockey and drinking a beer by myself, I'm starting to realize how much it's going to suck when he's gone every night.

Every vacation we go on, we always take a "sad face" picture before we leave {yes, we're dorks...I know!} This is how I feel right now...


(Julia joined us on being sad this time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!