Tuesday, May 5

smitten for...additions

Our family didn't stay that "big" family of six. It didn't take too long before it began growing....

Andy {technically} was the second to add any "addition" to our family. It was very exciting to hear that Andy was finally dating someone seriously. {At times I love living vicariously through my brothers and I was ready for a family wedding...not to mention ready for some nieces/nephews!} I remember one time Andy came over to my parent's house {where I was living at the time} and wanted to know why I didn't like Quinn. This was SO untrue. I thought she was great. At the time, it was harder for me to have conversations with her because we were at such different points in our lives. She is ten years older than me. When you're a junior in high school, it's hard to relate to a working woman! Anyways, one Friday evening in March, Andy and Quinn decided to come over. They called my parents and I in the kitchen so that my mom could read a note they had brought along with them. The note said something along the lines of, "When we go to dinner, we will no longer need to ask for a table of 6. We will now need a table for 7." Then she pulled her hand out of her pocket to show us the ring. We celebrated with them buy drinking a bottle of Dom Perignon and eating pizza! :) Andy and Quinn were married June 26, 2004. They had a beautiful {and fun} wedding. It was exciting for me to be able to be a bridesmaid and experience the first wedding in our family. It's always so much fun hanging out with them.

(Andy and Quinn's Rehearsal Dinner. The boys, Quinn, and I.)

Allison was the first "addition" to our family. Patrick and Allison met while both working as camp counselors during their summer away from IU. I believe I was going to be a sophomore in high school when they began dating. Although Allison and I are only 3 years apart {4 years in school}, we didn't have much in common when they started dating. Since then, we have grown much closer, even though we still have many differences. {I think we get along so well because I am so similar to Patrick.} We have so much fun together, no matter where we are. We both love sitting around, drinking good beer/wine/alcohol and having a great time. Allison felt like apart of the family for a very long time before they even got engaged. For many years while Kurt and I were still at IU, we would go to Patrick and Allison's apartment {then later their house} to party, hang out and have a place to sleep! {Finally} on Christmas Day Patrick proposed to Allison. That year, our time share week in Cabo happened to fall over Christmas Day. My parents had invited Allison's family to come along with us for the week. On Christmas night we decided to eat dinner at our resort. After dinner, we went back to our condo and decided to call it a night. Patrick would not give up the idea of him and Allison going for a walk on the beach. My parents and Kurt and I went to bed. About 45 minutes later, I woke up to the lights being turned on and Allison jumping on our bed screaming, "You're going to be my sister-in-law!" I couldn't believe it! She always said she didn't want him to propose on a holiday or on vacation {so many holidays and vacations went by without them getting engaged, that no one thought it would happen then!} Patrick and Allison were married on October 21,2006 {our parent's anniversary!}. Their wedding was beautiful and tons of fun!

(Patrick and Allison on their Wedding Day.)

Kurt and I {unfortunately} aren't engaged or married yet, but he is still considered apart of the family. It wasn't always this way, though. When we first started dating, Andy and Patrick did not like Kurt at all! They said that they didn't like him because he didn't shake their hand the first time they met him. My brothers got over this and they have loved Kurt every since. Kurt fits in so well with my entire family, it's crazy. If you didn't know us, you could probably mistake Kurt for just another brother in the family.

(Because I love him...)

Christopher is the only one in our family that doesn't have an "addition" yet. He is trying to make it as an actor {maybe he'll fall in love with someone famous...!} What fun he is to have around!! It's great when he comes and visits or when he comes on vacation with us.


(He loves his little sister. He loves to pick on her, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!