Sunday, May 3

smitten for...love 4

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The boy and I would talk on the phone about once a day. Most of the time we would talk for hours before I went to bed. I remember countless nights lying in my bed, exhausted, but not wanting to get off the phone with him. One of the first weekends he was at IU, he asked if I would come down to visit him. So I decided to drive down, but I was only allowed to go for the day. We had a lot of fun relaxing that day. At times, it was still quite awkward to be around the boy for long periods of time. I drove home that night thinking of how much fun we had sitting around all day just being with each other.

We continued to talk religiously on the phone each night until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. One Wednesday night {September 10}, the question "So, what are we?" was brought up. That night, I was no longer a single girl falling asleep in her bed dreaming about a boy. I was a giddy little girl who couldn't get her new boyfriend out of her mind.

{Almost} six years later, I still find myself in love with the amazing boy I stumbled upon during my amazing summer. We spent the first year of our relationship learning more than one could ever imagine because we spent hours talking every night. I wouldn't trade that year in for the world. Don't get me wrong, it sure was a great feeling when I finally became a freshman at IU and we lived in the same exciting and fun new world, together.

(Young and In Love - July 2004)

I met Kurt six years ago this June. I can't imagine my life without him in it. I used to dream of falling in love with someone, now I'm living my dream. He is funny, thoughtful, passionate and loving. He is a family man and loves dogs. He has big dreams for himself and our future. Sometimes I have images of our life in 50 years and all I can do is smile. I have loved being with him every day for the past six years and can't wait to enjoy the ride with him for many more years down the road.

(Still in Love - April 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!