Tuesday, July 31

Few Olympic Thoughts

We've been watching the Olympics nonstop since they started, and I absolutely love it! Totally worth staying up late. I've been thinking about a few things while watching...

* I love cheering on the USA and love watching swimming. However, I'm over hearing from Ryan Lochte. He's cocky and talks a big talk. I love how Michael Phelps keeps saying, "I let my swimming do the talking." Go Michael, beat Ryan...and everyone else! :)

* Being a gymnast for 12 or 13 years of my life makes me love watching the women's gymnastics. I get really nervous, but it makes me really wish I could be young again and at the gym. The first Olympic moment I remember is watching Kerri Strug at the '96 Olympics. I still get the chills watching. Go USA Women's team...we're watching right now!

* I'm really angry about the new gymnastic {and a few other sports, I think} rule about only the top 2 gymnasts making it to the individual all around. That means not all the top 24 athletes get to compete?!?!? How does that allow for the best all around gymnast to get gold?? Dumb.

* NBC - is it really necessary to have THIS many commercials? I could go to bed 2 hours earlier if you didn't have a commercial break every 3 minutes. We've almost caught up to live TV.

* So, so random, but I was thinking the other night that our baby will be three and a half the next time the summer Olympics is in Rio. Weird. Let's hope Baby W gets daddy's athletic skills and not mine!

Back to watching the Olympics. Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!