Friday, July 27

My Birthday Party

People started getting suspicious when I wasn't drinking, then was drinking, and then all of the sudden stopped drinking again. Bad decision. My birthday was on a Sunday this year. The day before, my mom, two sisters-in-law, and I threw a shower for my cousin, Kristin. My sister-in-law, Allison, organized the mimosa bar and immediately asked me if I wanted one when the party started. I told her no and drank my sweet tea for the afternoon. At some point during the shower, she looked at me and asked me "When are you due?" I calmly stated, "I'm not pregnant. I'm just not drinking because we're trying." She went on to ask if I wasn't going to be drinking at my birthday party later on that night. Mistake #2 from me- I told her no that I was going to be drinking non-alcoholic beer. I think she told the rest of my family that night who would have had no idea what I was drinking because I put it in a glass!!! 


The birthday party was fun, except I was exhausted. I was so ready to get in bed since I had been up since 7am making food for the shower. Again, no one questioned me because it looked like I was drinking beer all night. Allison asked me a couple more times that night if I was pregnant. I continued to tell her no and even made up a story for her to stop asking me. 


The next day, my sister-in-law, Quinn, was asking me about being pregnant. She said, "I'll be expecting an announcement in a couple weeks that you are!" Ugh, shouldn't have told them I was drinking N/A beer....


I couldn't wait for Monday because I knew we'd get to see our little baby on the ultrasound screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!