Thursday, July 26

Week 13


Week 13
One more week until the 2nd trimester...crazy! 

How big is baby: The size of a medium shrimp.

What's going on with baby: The baby now has his/her own fingerprints...pretty cool! The size of the body is beginning to catch up with the size of the head. 

How I'm feeling: I'm trying to fight off what feels like the beginning of a little bug, but other than that I'm feeling great. No nausea anymore and the bloating has gotten significantly better. I'm still pretty tired and take naps almost daily. It's been a blessing to be in the first trimester over my summer break because I've been sleeping in and napping. {Today I didn't wake up until 11...am I in college again?!?} I'm a little worried about my energy level once school gets back into full swing! I'm not waking up as often to pee at night. However, I continue to have CRAZY dreams each and every night. Using our white noise app at night really helps me stay asleep. 

Grow belly, grow: I'm starting to enjoy watching my belly grow! It's definitely getting bigger. I really, really hope I don't gain too much weight! Maybe I should stop eating so much! 

Fun things: My parents were in Quebec last week and brought us back some gifts. Kurt got a "10 Reasons Hockey is Better than Women" shirt, I got some fresh maple syrup, and the baby got the cutest Quebec Nordiques hockey jersey! I can't wait to see our little guy/girl in that jersey! My mom also bought us two outfits to take to the hospital with us, one for a girl and one for a boy. Which one will we use?!? Guess we'll have to wait until January to find out! My Godparents are so kind and got the baby a gift. My Godmother is a teacher and works at a book store. My library when I was young was fabulous thanks to her. Of course she would be the first one to buy books for the baby's library. They bought the baby Goodnight Moon with a mouse rattle and Hockey 123. We love them both and I dream of reading those books to my little baby soon. 

What's going on this week: 
-I need to get back into my weekly work out routine. I took some time off being at the lake and because I was feeling a little sick. 
-We are going to tour the daycare at the JCC on Wednesday. We need to figure out what we're going to do with the baby next August ASAP. 
-Thursday I'm going to lunch with my mom, Anne {from my dad's office}, and her daughter, Kelly. 
-On Sunday, Kurt and I are going to the Florence and the Machine concert downtown. He bought me tickets for our anniversary. Should be a lot of fun! 
-We are slowly but surely getting this house cleaned/organized. We need to get serious about finding furniture for the nursery, as well as a paint color and bedding. 
-I can't wait...the Olympics start on Friday! 
-I hope to have our news on Facebook by the end of this week and start getting all these blog posts up...and start blogging about more than just the pregnancy! 


*This is the update for this week. I'll be posting the updates I wrote for the weeks previous to this in the upcoming days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!