Thursday, April 7

Colors & BM Dresses

One of the very first things I did once we were engaged was begin looking for bridesmaid dresses. I wasn't exactly sure what colors I wanted for the wedding. I think I worked on things a bit backwards because I wanted to make sure I could find the perfect dress for my girls that went with our color scheme....whatever that was going to be!

I quickly found a Lula Kate dress that I loved at Bella Bridesmaid in Indianapolis. My decision was made and I knew I didn't need to go searching around other places.


Choosing the colors was a whole other process that didn't go as smoothly as choosing a dress. I knew for sure that I wanted a pop of color but nothing over the top. I wanted to keep our wedding colors as neutral as possible without being drab. So, eventually I choose to go with a mixture of dark grey, ivory, and muted peaches.

Here are the swatches {that are beginning to get a little ratty from being in my purse for almost a year!} for the dresses. The whole wedding has somewhat evolved around these three swatches.

Meredith, my maid of honor, is wearing grey on the bottom and ivory on top.
All the other bridesmaids will be wearing grey on the bottom and the peach on top. 

I am beginning to get really excited to see everything put together. At first, I had a hard time envisioning how things would look, and I was worried that we weren't going to have a cohesive look. Ideas are starting to come together and I am hoping that everything will look beautiful...I can't wait! :)

There is one slight problem...at this point, my all the girls will be walking down the aisle barefoot! I have been searching for shoes for them to wear and can't seem to find any that go with the dress, are comfortable, and not too high of a heel. Let's hope I find something soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!