Wednesday, December 9

Thanksgiving Break - Night 5ish

Saturday night was technically 'night 5,' but I don't really have anything to share from Saturday. Kurt played golf and I spent some time with my mom and Julia. We did go to Brugge {an amazing restaurant in Broad Ripple} with some friends on Saturday night. Other than that, a pretty relaxing day...

Sunday was the last day of break {and it came WAY too soon}! Before we could watch the Colts game and relax, we wanted to get our Christmas lights on outside. It took us awhile, but the house looks great!!

It started out pretty chaotic....



We slowly, but surely got in a groove and got the lights up...



That's not to say that we didn't have to take down many things and redo them...



...for example this tree.
Kurt really wanted some colored lights {I'm a white light girl}.
His dad gave him a whole box of old colored lights for us to use.
We tested all the strands before and only one worked.
So I put it {really well} on our little tree outside, but decided I needed one more strand to finish off the top.
Before we went and bought a new strand of lights, we wanted to see if it truly did need more.
And when I plugged it in, only HALF of the tree lit up!!! AHHH!
So, I had to take it all down....maybe we'll have some color next year!


We added a nice little Boy Scout wreath.



And waited patiently for it to get dark enough to see the lights...




The final product!
Like it? 
We're finally done decorating for Christmas. Now we just need to finish our shopping {and wrapping} and we'll be able to relax and enjoy the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!