Tuesday, December 8

Thanksgiving Break - Night 4

The Friday after Thanksgiving, my mom and I always go shopping. But, we're not those crazy {sorry if you are!} early shoppers. We like to sleep in and head out to the stores what some people might consider 'late.' Anyways, we found lots of great presents and spent some quality time together.

The original plan was for Kurt and I to put up all of our Christmas decorations on Saturday. But, all the men in my family decided that they are going to start a new tradition of playing one last round of golf on that Saturday. Kurt really wanted to play, so we decided that we'd put our tree up on Friday night and finish the decorations on Sunday.

So, after shopping on Friday, I met Kurt at the Christmas tree place. We picked our tree, stopped at Target to pick up a few more lights, and headed home to get started. {Oh, I forgot to tell you about the new pj pants that we bought at Gap on Wednesday. We decided we wanted to have a night where we could just lounge together in our new pj pants. This was the perfect night! Maybe another new tradition for us?!?}

Putting up the tree didn't go as smoothly as last year. I think we rushed a little in the buying of the tree because we bought a crooked tree {or the guy drilled the hole a little crooked}!



We twisted, turned, and finagled the tree as much as possible, but it continued to be crooked. Kurt decided to take a string and tie it to the trunk, pull the tree straight, and tie the other end to the tree stand. For the most part, the tree straightened up! We had some more issues with the lights, but eventually they were on...phew.
 

{Much straighter, huh!?!?!}

Then the fun part....the ornaments! Each year, I buy an ornament for us at the Holiday Mart and get it personalized. This year I decided to buy one to remember our new house. This was the first ornament to be put on the tree.....


{Kinda hard to see, I know. Do you see Cooper in between us?!? Cute, no?}

It didn't take too long to put up the ornaments. After we cleaned up, we decided to lounge around in our pjs. I really wanted to watch a Christmas movie together. We decided on Love Actually {he vetoed The Holiday}. We searched everywhere, but quickly realized that my movies have been misplaced at some point during the move.....that's how much I watch movies!! So, instead we watched Santa Clause.
 
{Trying to get a picture of our pjs and the tree....not so successful!}

It was a nice little evening spent together. I love Christmas time so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!