Monday, December 7

Thanksgiving Break - Night 3

Day/Night 3 of my Thanksgiving Break was actually Thanksgiving. We were supposed to wake up early and join my parents and my brother, Patrick, for the annual 'Turkey Trot.' Unfortunately {maybe/maybe not!}, we overslept and decided to not go. Instead, we slept-in until about 9:30. We had a pretty busy day. We dropped Cooper off at Kurt's parents house, because we knew we'd be gone longer than they would. We then headed over to Kurt's parent's friends house to eat meal number 1. After a couple hours of eating, drinking, talking, laughing, and playing war {....}, we headed over to my parent's house for meal number 2! It was great to spend time with both our families.

That night, Julia really wanted to play with me all night long. So, we spent a lot of the evening in her 'room' at my parent's house. This is where a lot of her toys are, especially her baby things. She is in love with her Bitty Baby {a small American Girl doll}. So, my mom bought Julia and her Bitty Baby matching Christmas pjs. She decided pretty quickly that she wanted to change both her doll and herself into her new pjs, and asked me to help.

This couldn't be any cuter....


As we continued to play, she decided that she wanted to sit in her Bumbo Seat {she used it when she was a baby} and read a book to her baby and me. She told a really great story about babies... :)


And of course, she wanted to take a picture of her baby and me...

{a little too close up!}

So, that's how we spent our Thanksgiving Day! We headed home somewhat early because we were so tired from all the food!! More Christmas and laundry room updates to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!