Friday, December 4

Thanksgiving Break - Night 2 {part 2}

In case you were wondering, our room is still orange....

But, our Christmas decorations downstairs make me happy! :) So, back to the DIY project for all those materials I showed you.

I broke our one hurricane that we brought from the apartment. I knew I wanted to get a couple more anyways so this was the time to buy them all! I also knew I wanted to use different 'decorations' inside of them for different seasons/holidays. So, in came the idea for jingle bells, snow, and cranberries. Wednesday night we wandered through Michael's and found everything we needed....sorta. Instead of cranberries {or fake ones} we found a very long strand of red beads that look just like cranberries. All we had to do was snip the string and we had our cranberries!!

At first, we thought we wanted to put snow at the bottom of all three hurricanes, but shortly after I did the first one, we decided that wasn't going to look right...



So, we finally decided on the biggest one having the jingle bells, the short one with cranberries, and the tall/skinny one with snow on the bottom and a mixture of bells and cranberries on top. We found a few things we already had and put them all on top of our TV stand. It's really hard to tell, but here is what it looks like all together.



Here are the pictures of what each side looks like close up...



Like it? We really love it!! And, it'll be easy enough to bag up all the things and switch to something new in January.

Oh, and remember that green 'bowl' I showed you? We wanted to jazz it up a bit for Christmas {and we plan on doing so for each season}. So, we went to my favorite store, Target {!}, picked up a tube of silver ornaments, and popped them in the bowl. Check it out...



Hope you like it!!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!