Wednesday, May 1

Letters To Norah {Three Months}

Norah,

Three months? How can that possibly be? You are just as shocked as the rest of us...!!!



This past month, you've changed so much! You are so much fun to spend each and every day with. I'm so thankful that I'm not going back to work right now and getting to spend all this time with you. I know you aren't going to remember it, but know that I'm never going to forget this special time with you!

Your smiles. Oh, how I love your sweet, gummy smiles, especially first thing in the morning when I go to get you out of your crib. That's the most amazing way to start each day {especially since you sleep all night and I'm well-rested}!! 



You have been quite a talker for awhile, but now you scream. Full-on, overjoyed, little screams. Daddy and I laugh out loud many times a day when we hear your crazy noises. We love them. I often wonder what you are thinking about when you are talking to us. 



You are so strong. You love playing on your mat on the floor and will spend quite a bit of time admiring your hanging animals. Recently, you've realized that you can use your hands to grab those funny animals. You love grabbing them and pulling them to your mouth. Just the other day, you started rolling from side to side. You almost rolled over, but you got stuck on your arm. You enjoy being on your tummy more now because your neck and back are so strong, you can look around the room when you're on your tummy. You love sitting up and standing with our help. The different perspective is perfect for your curious little eyes. We often pop you in your Bumbo seat for a few minutes so you can look around and watch what we are doing around the house. 

A few weeks ago, we took a trip to Mexico. Not surprisingly, you were a wonderful traveler. You loved the warm weather and breeze. You took naps by the pool every day and loved swimming. We have so many memories we'll cherish forever from your very first trip! Daddy and I hope that we can take you on many trips. We love traveling and know you will too. 




The first morning we were in Mexico after you woke up, I began thinking. That night was the very first night your whole life that you slept in the same room with daddy and me. We didn't get to do that with you in the hospital because you were in the NICU. We don't regret our decision of having you sleep in your own room, but I felt special getting to share a room with you for a week. I loved waking up in the middle of the night to your little coos. But, I'm glad that you sleep in your own crib at home or we'd never get any sleep! :) 


Just before we left for Mexico, I stopped nursing you and we began giving you formula. Immediately, your belly felt better and you don't have any bloody diapers! I'm so glad you're feeling better, but I do miss those snuggly times when you would nurse. I'm thankful that I was able to nurse you for almost three months. Hopefully, you'll grow out of your milk allergy when you get older so you can enjoy dairy just like we do! 


I can't believe what a fun little baby you are turning into. I am so proud to be your mama. I love watching you change and grow. Each day, it's amazing to watch you do new things, make new noises, smile a little bigger, and laugh a little more. Keep being you, because I love every single ounce of you. 

I love you to the moon and back,

Mommy 


P.S.- You love watching Coop and Olive during the day. Of course, Coop wanted in on your monthly photo shoot! Looks like we'll have to get one with you and him every month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!