Wednesday, May 29

Letters To Norah {Four Months}

Lovie,

Wow, what a busy month it has been! There has been a lot going on around our house and you've been so flexible while we've been on the go. You've grown and changed so very much this past month and I've loved watching every minute of it. You have quite the personality and love chatting and screaming! 


This month you started rolling over. You've been a mover and a shaker from the beginning, but now you are really all over the place! Once you are on your tummy, you scoot everywhere until you've gotten yourself stuck. :) Now, you sleep on your belly and love it. 


You love to play. You have a few favorite toys that you love to grab and put in your mouth. You always have to have something in your mouth these days! You are so alert and are always looking around the room to see what is going on. You also recently started enjoying listening to books being read to you and love looking at the pictures!




Your giggles. Oh, your giggles. They make me smile and laugh each and every time I hear them. 



We went to the doctor today for your 4 month check up. Your doctor is incredibly pleased with you, how strong and alert you are, how much you've grown, and how much you're sleeping and eating. I couldn't agree with her more! You weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs. 2 oz today! You are in the 90th percentile for height and 75th for weight. Out of the doctors mouth, "She's tall and thin!" :) You had to get four shots today and you weren't happy about it. However, you took them like a champ and are rallying this evening. 


You have gotten yourself on quite the schedule and it's really helpful because I can plan our days and know why you are crying when/if you do. You eat an 8oz bottle first thing in the morning and last thing at night. You eat two 6oz bottles during the day. You always eat about four hours apart. You typically take three 2ish hour naps during the day and continue to sleep 11-12 hours at night. 

This month has been absolutely crazy. We spent quite a bit of time getting our house ready to sell. We did most of the work during the day while you napped. We also bought a new house. Trying to make sure we got the new house has been so crazy and a bit stressful! I'll be sad when we move out of this house, but can't wait to watch you grow up in our new one. So many memories will be made there. 



This month, you've accompanied me to pilates once each week. You've been doing some of your own pilates with Anne while I work out! We had another playdate with Henry and got to meet sweet baby Kennedy. You had your first overnight with Grandma and will have your second one with Nana and Papa this weekend! You visited Orchard with me another time and traveled to the lake for the very first time. {Thank goodness we got to go to the lake because we all needed a mini-vacation together!}

Each day I can't help but think about how little time I have left to spend with you before I return to work in August. I decided this month to stop teaching and go work at Papa's office. This will allow me to stay at home with you more. I know I'll miss teaching, but spending time with you is the most important thing to me! 

You are such a good baby and I love you for that. I love how you make me smile and laugh every day. You are absolutely perfect. 


Love you to the moon and back,



Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!