Sunday, September 30

Weeks 21 & 22


How big is baby: Baby W is somewhere between the length of a carrot and a spaghetti squash. He/she is growing quite a bit and is almost weighing in at 1 pound! 

What's going on with baby: Other than kicking quite a bit {especially after I eat breakfast and lay down at night}, our baby is looking more like a baby every day. His/her lips, eyebrows, and eyelids are more distinct and hair is beginning to grow on the head. 

Symptoms: Nothing new, really. Lots of kicking going on. Kurt was finally able to feel the baby one time last night. My face is currently better than it has been. My lower back hurts often, but that's not really a pregnancy thing...it hurt before I was pregnant. I truly feel great. If I wasn't growing a belly and feeling the baby move, I really wouldn't know I'm preggo. I'm pretty lucky! 

What happened the past two weeks:
-I didn't end up getting a massage/facial the weekend Kurt was away. Instead Julia spent the night and we went to see Finding Nemo 3D. Later that weekend I went on a mini shopping spree! I ended up going to the first home Colts game with my dad. 
-A couple weeks ago was another busy week...maybe that's why I've been falling asleep between 9:30 and 10:00 every night! Tuesday night was another one of my photography classes. I've loved learning about my camera. I'm hoping that maybe I can do the intermediate class while I'm on maternity leave. Wednesday after school I headed to Carmel for a haircut. After I was finished, I met Kurt for dinner downtown Carmel. It was a beautiful fall evening so we sat outside and enjoyed dinner together. It's fun being back in that area. It brings back a lot of great memories from when we lived up there. We were supposed to go to tour IU North after dinner. Dinner ended up taking too long so we decided to grab some ice cream at Bubs and walk around the area. It ended up being a perfect evening. Thursday I worked out with my mom and then we went to dinner together. By the time I got home, it was time to watch some football before falling asleep on the couch. Friday after school I had pilates and then went to get some Orange Leaf with Anne after...yum! Saturday we spent getting some things done around the house. We ended up having time to get all of the guest room furniture out of the room and moved up to Kurt's parent's house. It felt good to get so much completed in the room. I was exhausted from all of the work around the house that of course I fell asleep on the couch that night watching more football! Sunday, Kurt and I went to the Colts game. We left a little early to go to the Orchard tailgate. It was another beautiful day! Unfortunately the Colts lost. After the game, Kurt and I ran up to the grocery store. Ashley was in town and was able to come over and chill for a bit. It was great to see her!
-This week wasn't as busy. Tuesday was another late night with my photography class. Wednesday we finally made it up to IU North to tour the hospital. While we haven't made our final decision, at this point we're leaning toward delivering at St. Vincent Carmel instead of IU North. I know either one is going to be great and I actually wish we didn't have to make the decision. We went ahead and signed up for two different classes at IU North {because there are more date options} and we'll decide on a hospital when we absolutely have to! Kurt had a late hockey game that night so I was able to come home and get in bed a a pretty decent time. Thursday was a crazy day...one of those days I wish I could have ended with a nice cold beer!! :) It started off with a 7:20 meeting at school. The day had many random things all piled into one school day...too much to handle in one day! Friday after school I stopped by Andy and Quinn's house to pick up the trash bags Julia sold us for her school fundraiser. It was fun to see the girls for a bit and they gave us some yummy homemade cookies that had just come out of the oven. Kurt spent the whole day Friday painting the second bathroom upstairs. We've had the paint forever {since this spring} and never got around to painting up there. He was pretty tired and I wasn't in the mood to do much because of work all week. We ended up getting Yats for dinner and hanging out for the evening. We woke up pretty early for us for a weekend yesterday to get started painting/cleaning. I can't wait to show you the finished product. Kurt did a great job painting the room and it looks SO much better than the green that was in there. The color is a little more blue than I thought it would be, but I think it will work out great once we get the furniture and bedding in there. We'll hopefully get the furniture in there sometime this week/weekend. Things are starting to come together! :) Once I upload my pictures, I'll post a bunch. Last night after dinner, Kurt was able to feel the baby kick for the first time! He/she normally stops moving every time he puts a hand on my belly. This time he/she kicked him really hard! 
-Today starts my 23rd week...17 to go. CRAZY! We fully intended to wake up early and head to mass this morning. Of course, we woke up fairly early but didn't make it to church...we're really bad! I was finally able to get a massage scheduled at the Conrad for this morning and couldn't wait to go {especially after so much work around the house yesterday}! I'm not going to lie, prenatal massages aren't as good as the usual deep tissue massage {because they can't use that much pressure}, but it felt pretty darn good! So good I actually ended up falling asleep at the end of the massage and the therapist had to wake me up! I'll definitely need a few more massages before the baby gets here! :) I'm currently finishing up some laundry before I head to Kurt's hockey game. I'm totally going to get made fun of because I'm going to take my camera and work on taking some pictures! Loser...

Enjoy your week! I'll be back to update you about this coming week, as well as posting some pictures of the nursery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!