Thursday, September 13

Week 20...Half Way!

We're half way there and I absolutely can't believe it! 20 more weeks until we get to meet this baby of ours. We have a lot to get done in the next 20 weeks and many things will happen before then. But 20 weeks sounds short to me. I know time will fly and January will be here before we know it. :)


{You don't need to see a picture of me when you can look at this!}

How big is baby: Beginning this week, babies are measured from head to foot. The baby is the length of a banana...woah! It wasn't too long ago that we were excited to hear that the baby was the size of a blueberry! The baby weighs around 10 1/2 ounces. I was trying to think of something that is about the same weight as that. All I could come up with is a can of coke is 12 ounces. Our baby almost weighs the same as a coke...crazy! 

What's going on with baby: The baby is swallowing often, warming up it's digestive system. All the things that are being swallowed make up the meconium that we'll have to clean up in the first couple diapers... 

Symptoms: There's not much new going on with me. My face is still broken out...ugh. {I think I'm going to get a facial next weekend while Kurt is gone for the weekend...} Sleep has really been fine. Not great, but I can't complain. The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night with a crazy calf cramp. I read that leg cramps are common in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I ended up getting out of bed to let the dogs out and stretch my calf on the stairs. My leg is still somewhat sore from that cramp! I'm guessing I need to be drinking more water so that doesn't happen again. I know for sure that the baby is moving around in there. The only time I can really feel it is when I'm laying down. But it's for sure a baby moving around!!! :) Everyone keeps saying, "It feels like butterfly flutters." Even before I could feel the baby moving, I couldn't even describe to you what butterfly flutters feel like. And now that I can feel the baby, I still don't think it feels like butterfly flutters... The only way I can describe it is like a twitch. Now the twitches are starting to feel stronger....a feeling that can't really be described. I really hope that Kurt gets to feel the baby soon. It's still too early for him to feel anything. 

News from the ultrasound/doctor appointment:
-The measurements from the ultrasound all look good. The baby is right where he/she should be for this stage in pregnancy. 
-Baby W is breech right now. Only place I feel movements is low down because that's where the feet currently are. 
-My placenta is in front causing it to be a little more difficult to feel the baby moving. My doctor said that it's totally normal. She said I'll be happy that it's in front because when the baby is bigger and moving around a ton it won't keep me up all night. The placenta is basically acting like a pillow between the baby and my belly. 
-Baby W is stubborn...shocking! He/she wouldn't change position during the ultrasound and was positioned kinda funny. The ultrasound tech couldn't get a good enough picture of one side of the heart {everything looks good though} so we'll be back for another ultrasound in a month. It'll be great to see the baby again though!
-I only gained a pound this month because of school starting. My weight is actually now exactly on target for how far along I am. Let's hope it stays that way!

What's going on this week:
-Saturday we did some work around the baby's room. We didn't get as much complete as originally planned, but we got a couple hours of work done...better than nothing! We have a long way to go...
-Sunday, Kurt went to the golf tournament with my dad and brothers. I stayed home to clean the house and do laundry. It was the first week of football {which is really crazy to me that it's already football season!} while I was getting things done around here. My parents, Kurt and I went to dinner together and then we headed to the grocery store. I ended up making three loaves of banana bread {two for my kids at school} late Sunday night while we watched Sunday Night Football. 
-Monday was a normal day. I stayed at school late to get some work done. I tried to get in bed early, but fell asleep on the couch watching more football. 
-Tuesday was my third photography class. I really need to take some more pictures and share some of them. 
-Yesterday was my dad's birthday. After our doctor appointment, we headed home to let the dogs out. Then we went to my parent's house to eat dinner and celebrate with my dad. It was fun to show everyone our ultrasound pictures. 
-Today was normal. I worked out with my mom after school. Kurt and I are hanging out on the couch watching football right now. I'm sure I'll fall asleep here before I make it upstairs...!
-Tomorrow Kurt's leaving for STL for the weekend. There have been quite a few break-ins in our neighborhood lately. I'm a little nervous to stay at home without him here. If we didn't have the dogs, I would for sure be staying at my parent's house! I'm going to pick up Julia after I go to pilates tomorrow. She's going to spend the night. I'm sure we'll grab dinner somewhere and play some games. 
-Saturday, Julia and I are going to see Finding Nemo 3D {Mer might come with!!}. I can't wait to see it. Finding Nemo is one of my favorites! I'm sure I'll hang out at home with the pups, do a whole lot of nothing, and go to bed early. :) I really need to finish up our registries and might do some of that Saturday, too. 
-Sunday is a Colts home game. I'm either going to the game or staying with Julia and Lauren while Andy and Quinn go to the game. I don't have any Colts shirts that fit me right now... Go Horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!