Monday, September 3

Week 17

I'm late on my blog post once again. I'm sure it won't be the last time! Things have been kinda crazy with the start of school. I'm thankful for the schedule but quickly remembering why I wanted to get so much accomplished this summer {that didn't get completed}!! :) Back to the busy life! 


Anyways, here's a recap of what happened during week 17:





{First front shot. Can't quite tell (at least in this picture) that I'm sporting a little bump. Let's hope my body keeps getting the memo to grow only a belly and not gain weight other places...}

How big is baby: About 5 oz and 5 inches long {crown to rump}, the size of a turnip. 

What's going on with baby: Our baby's skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord continues to grow and thicken. His/her sweat glands are starting to develop. The baby can move his/her joints. 

You in there baby? I may or may not have felt the baby move for the first time this week. After a busy, active day, I was lying in bed watching TV with my hands on my belly. My lower belly felt like it was twitching. You couldn't feel it from the outside, but I could from inside. Was that you baby?!? 

What happened this week:
-I was back at school each day this week. Monday was our all school meetings. Tuesday and Wednesday the other kids were in school but KG and Preschool didn't start yet. This gave us some extra time to get the room/our things ready for the little kiddos, finish up meetings, and meet the kids on Wednesday morning. Thursday was the first day of KG. The kids were there bright and early and ready to start off the day. The first two days were really tiring, but it was fun to be back with the kids. 
-I didn't do too much working out that week because I was so tired from the long days. However, my mom and I did the IHM 5K on Saturday morning. It felt good to get the day started with an early exercise. Then we headed off to the mall to find a dress for me to wear to Kristin's wedding. Shopping while pregnant is a stressful thing! Kurt and I went out with some other people later Saturday night for Mer's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!