Monday, September 3

Week 19

Week 19 


A few belly pictures from my cousin's wedding this weekend!


How big is baby: This baby is growing a ton right now! It weighs 8 1/2 oz and is about 6 inches from crown to rump. {This is the last week that the length is measured like that. Next week takes legs into consideration!} Our baby is about the size of a large heirloom tomato. 

What's going on with baby: The baby's legs and arms are now in proportion to the rest of the body. Hair is beginning to sprout on his/her head. The baby's sensory development is exploding and the brain is designating special areas for the senses. 

Symptoms: I'm feeling great! My back still hurts here and there, but the body pillow has helped so much. At the end of the long school days, my feet are a little sore, but nothing crazy. It would probably help if I wore better shoes, but I'm wearing flip flops as long as the weather is warm enough! The acne is still around, but the new face wash/lotion has helped a lot. It doesn't really help that I'm now wearing makeup all day long and not spending any of my time outside in the sun like I did over the summer. Every so often I feel some round ligament pains, but again nothing too crazy. I'm still not sure if I can really feel the baby moving or if it's just my imagination. I do feel little twitches after I've been really active and sit or lay down. Hopefully I'll feel this baby moving around a lot in the upcoming weeks! 

What's going on this week:
-This week began by being very, very unproductive! On Sunday, Kurt and I slept in because we were tired from the wedding. We had plans to work on cleaning out the nursery all day...this really needed to happen! Instead, we went to brunch with my family. When we got home, I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. It was a perfect day...nice and rainy! 
-Today we had some people over for our fantasy football draft. I told myself that I'd go work on cleaning up some things in the nursery once everyone left. Well, it's now almost 7 and we haven't done a thing! {The last load of laundry is in the dryer right now, though!} I'm hoping to get a little work done in there once I'm finished blogging....{The plan was to have it all cleaned out by next weekend. Ha, yeah right!}
-Tomorrow I'm going to have a long day. I need to get into school really early tomorrow morning to finish getting ready for the day {since I had to leave right after school Friday afternoon}. We have a meeting after school with the room moms. I have to run to an eyebrow wax appointment from school. Then I'm going to come home to eat a quick dinner and head up to my photography class. I wasn't a very good student this week...I didn't have ANY time to experiment with the things we learned last week. 
-Wednesday is going to be a pretty normal day other than the before school meeting. I have pilates right after school. Kurt and I are really going to try working upstairs to clean some things out of the room. Fingers crossed we don't make any excuses to get to work! :)
-Thursday we have another meeting after school. Then for the first time in a couple weeks I'm finally going to be able to work out with my mom! Once I get home, I know I'll be ready for dinner and to get in bed early. 
-We don't have too many plans for the weekend, which I love. We did leave this weekend open so that we could really get a lot of work done in the nursery. The hope is to move the guest room furniture out to Kurt's parent's house so we can get the room painted soon. 

To Do: {I am a list maker. Maybe if I make this list on here I'll make sure to get it finished!}
-clean out nursery and organize the closet
-order fabric for crib
-find and order glider
-pick out paint color
-paint guest bathroom and nursery
-work on finishing up registry

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things right now...

I'm ONE week away from the half way point. I absolutely can't believe it! It's very exciting but also pretty crazy. Time flies. I can't wait to meet this baby of ours, but we really need to stop procrastinating and get going on things around here. We have more to do around the house than just the nursery...!! A week and a half until our ultrasound! I can't wait to see you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!