Wednesday, August 15

Week 16


How big is baby: Our baby is really growing. He/she is about the size of an avocado! I read that the baby is going to have a growth spurt in the coming weeks and double it's size and length. Does that mean my belly is going to have a growth spurt too?!?

What's going on with baby: Other than growing a ton, the legs are much more developed. The head is more erect and the eyes are at the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position and the baby is beginning to hear noises. I read that babies begin to become startled by loud noises like dogs barking. Plenty of that happens around here. However, what I was reading said that if the baby hears a lot of dog barks while in utero, he/she will be well adjusted and typically sleep through it once born. Let's hope this is true!!  



{Coop can be noisy, but he's a good pup. He'll love his new brother/sister like crazy!}

Symptoms: The acne has returned...ugh. My doctor told me I can use the Neutrogena acne products which made me feel much better. Some of them I used pre-pregnancy and already have at home. Let's hope this helps! Knock on wood, the heart burn has stayed away. The lower back pain has started to get increasingly worse. {Sounds like a massage and facial are in the near future!} A couple nights this week, my back hurt so badly it was difficult to sleep. Monday night Kurt and I went to Buy Buy Baby to pick up a pregnancy body pillow in hopes that I would sleep better through the night. It has really helped {and it blocks Olive from hogging the bed in the mornings}! My back still hurts, but I've been sleeping better through the night. It's kinda crazy how many pillows I have surrounding me a night...we need a bigger bed! Poor Kurt doesn't have much room anymore. Check it out...   

{I've been sleeping with the long part tucked under my back, not my belly. I'm sure it will come in handy to have it under my belly once it's bigger.}

Weight Gain: Today I saw numbers on the scale I've never seen before...not an easy thing. According to my app that I started tracking the morning after I found out I was pregnant in May, I've gained 13 pounds. According to my doctor, who started tracking my weight at eight weeks, I'm up 9 pounds. 
Way. Too. Much.

What's going on this week:
-Sunday I went to the outlet mall with my mom. Shopping is stressful and difficult currently. I still really need to buy some maternity pants. I have plenty of tops for now. We went to Capital Grill for dinner with friends because of Devour Downtown. The food was pretty good, but we really shouldn't have spent the money.  
-I've been at school almost everyday this week. We had meetings with parents Monday and Tuesday. I'm not quite ready for the waking up early and not being able to take naps. 
-Today I went to lunch with my mom before we had our 16 week doctor appointment. We were able to hear the heartbeat again! 150 this time. :) Everything else looked/sounded great.
-We're going to meet with a potential in home daycare lady tomorrow. I'm hoping that it's going to be a fit. We've heard great things about her. I'm going to spend the afternoon with Julia and Lauren at the pool after J gets out of school. It's probably going to be my last pool day of the summer...time flies! 
-Friday I have to be at school all day for meetings. I'm sure it will be an early evening! 
-We're planning to spend this weekend trying to get more of our house cleaned/organized. We have a lot to accomplish around here and need to get working. 

Next appointment:
We scheduled our next three appointments {the last three of my second trimester before going to every other week}. Our next appointment is our 20 week ultrasound!! So, so, so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!