Wednesday, August 15

Week 15...a little late!

A couple fun belly pictures from our San Francisco trip!! 


{Woah, watch out...belly bump!}


{Who's belly is bigger?}


{Comparing belly size!}


{Daddy got to be in these pictures thanks to Lauren photographing!}

How big is baby: About the size of an apple {4 inches long crown to rump}. 

What's going on with baby: Our baby is busy moving {I have a feeling this baby is going to always be on the go once he/she makes his/her appearance!} Amniotic fluid is beginning to move through the nose and upper respiratory tract, getting the lungs ready to breath come January. Our baby can sense light even though the eyelids are still shut. Taste buds are beginning to form...let's hope this baby isn't a picky eater! 

Symptoms: The acne started getting better this week, but my face isn't totally clear. While in San Francisco, I had a 48 hour period of HORRIBLE heart burn. It kept me up ALLLLLL night one night and I ended up needing to take way too much medicine to help it feel a little better. Keep your fingers crossed that the heart burn doesn't return. Don't worry though, if it does I'm quite prepared with medicine to fight it! :) My belly changes size each day, some days it looks bigger than others. The only pants I can fit into are maternity {I really, really need to buy a few more pairs!} and I'm finding many shirts don't fit anymore. I do feel better about my body when I wear maternity clothes, especially pants. They fit me correctly in the right places and don't make it look like I'm trying to hide a beer gut {although a beer would be really nice right about now...:) } 

Hardest part of pregnancy so far: 
1. My changing body. I know I need to gain weight for this baby, but it doesn't make it easier. I've always said I want to be one of those cute pregnant ladies that just grows a belly but doesn't gain weight other places. Too late. My face is already starting to get fuller along with other things too. My goal - to be thinner after the baby than before. 
2. {BAD MOM ALERT} Not being able to drink. No, I'm not an alcoholic...promise. I love the taste of good beers and I miss it every so often. It's not just taste of the beer I miss, it's the atmosphere that makes it hard. Sitting outside for a nice lunch on our vacation would have been even better with a yummy local brew! My wonderful husband is going to save some beers for me that won't be in season once the baby is here so I can enjoy them then! 

Best part of pregnancy so far:
Daydreaming about our baby and imaging our life with the baby here. I have loved researching different things and beginning our registries. I think the absolute best will be once I can feel the baby moving. I have loved getting to hear the baby's heartbeat the few times we have so far. We even got to see the heart flickering at our 8 week ultrasound...wow! 

What happened this week:
-We stayed in San Francisco until Monday early afternoon. We weren't ready to come home! 
-The rest of the week was kinda crazy! I was at school most days and I tried to fit in as many work-outs as possible. 
-Friday afternoon Kurt and I ran errands and then decided to go to Buy Buy Baby to begin registering. We have a lot more things to add, but I feel like we made good progress. I've been working on our Amazon registry when I get a few minutes. It's been really convenient to do it all online!  Thank goodness I've been reading Baby Bargains. It's really helped us decide on the best products to register for and things that are really unnecessary. I'm having a really difficult time deciding on our stroller. Maybe I'll post about that sometime soon...
-Saturday night we had some friends over to grill and hang out. It was a beautiful night and we would have loved to have a fire. Too bad the burn ban is still in place. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!