Thursday, May 5

2nd Grade 'Surprise' Party

My friends that I teach with and some parents of 2nd graders worked together to plan a shower for me at school today. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I found out....not from the kids! They are really good at keeping secrets. They asked me some questions about the wedding and sang "Here Comes the Bride" as I walked in with my veil and bouquet. Needless to say, I cried. Some of the parents took video and pictures of our afternoon {that I'll share sometime}, but I thought I'd leave you with a picture of a present I got and some wedding advise given to me {all of them wrote Kurt and I a piece of advice and put it into a whole book}.

 It's hard to tell how stinkin' cute this is from the picture. My class made it for me with their thumbprints. Then they drew around it to make some object. I love it!

"You should say I love you to him, do the dishes, and feed the dogs." - Reese

"You're the best teacher ever and I bet you will be a great wife. Try to do everything together whenever you can." - Eli

"Make sure he says he loves you every morning, noon, and night. And don't let him tell you what to do because you're the QUEEN." -Lola

"I hope you have a fantastic marriage. You should get candles on your wedding cake and make wishes." - Benny

"When your kids go to college, try to let them call you." - Eric

"Always remember your honeymoon when you celebrate your anniversary." - Louise

"I wish you have a great time with Kurt. When you get married you should take charge of Kurt. Oh and make sure you do the dishes because husbands don't like to." -Hailey

"I hope you have a fantastic wedding. I hope you have a boy." -Logan

"Remember to fight through tough times together." -Mary

"Always give Kurt a hug and a kiss when he comes home from work." -Kayla

"Take a lot of family trips...remember bring the baby!!" -Sydney

"Don't forget to go out on dates sometimes." -Chase

"Don't just enjoy the wedding, really enjoy the marriage." -Keegan

"Remember if you are ever mad at Kurt look back at the best times you and him had together. P.S. Have a happy life together." -Jack

"I hope you have a great life. Never let Kurt spell 5 things wrong in a sentence." -Charlotte

"Remember don't let Kurt pick out your outfit." -Caroline

"I hope you will be happy with Kurt. Don't get too much furniture or you'll have no room." -Josh

"I wish for you to have a great marriage...and for June 11 to be the best day of your life. And remember, there's never too much makeup!" Josh

"I wish you a happy wedding day. Oh, and don't get too excited. A baby is a real handful!" -Margot

"I hope you have an awesome marriage. I hope you have a good life with Kurt. Remember always get your way!" -Morgan

"I wish for you and Kurt to have the time of your life. Here's a tip...don't ever get in fights. If you do, just drop it." -Soren

"Wedding Advice: 1. Make sure you do a big mwhooo {kissing sound}. 2. Make sure you braid your hair. 3. Make sure you are looking fancy. 4. Make sure your eyes twinkle in the sun." -Casey

"I hope you have a good wedding day and a good baby." -Tucker

Sorry, I know I said a few. But, there are too many to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie!
    I just had to comment on how cute this blog was! I love all the advice your kids gave you! To be quite honest, I was impressed by what some of them had to say! I hope everything is going well for you! From the sounds of it, it looks like it is (minus the house hunting fiasco...but it will happen soon enough!)
    Smiles&love,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!