Monday, February 1

Winterfest!

Saturday Josh, Meredith, Kurt and I went to Winterfest -- a beer fest with mostly all local beers {and a few not so local}! I was the only 'beer fest rookie' so I wasn't quite sure what to expect...not to mention I was somewhat concerned about making it through the day... :)

After we took a cab to the fairgrounds, we had to wait in line for awhile {in the FREEZING cold!} before we could get in. The fest only lasted from 3-7, so most people wanted to get in right at the beginning.

 

Freezing our butts off!

 

The boys were very intense about trying to get to possibly as many places before the time was up. The second we got in, they were on the prowl! Meredith and I on the other hand, took things a little more slowly as to not get ourselves in trouble! {Plus, I hate chugging good beer. Can't I sit and enjoy it for a minute?} 

Towards the end, we weren't looking too bad!!

Kurt was trying to run around at the end {while we were getting kicked out} trying to find 'trinkets.' I'm not really quite sure why...I hate trinkets and who knows what we'd do with them anyways!!! Apparently Josh really wanted this one sign so Kurt was trying to get the guy to give it to him. I walked up trying to get Kurt to leave. Instead, I was able to talk the guy into giving us the sign.. {ha!} Not for our house though!!!

 

Once it was over, we waited for awhile for a ride. We originally planned on taking a cab back home, but another friend decided he'd pick us up on the way. We all ended up coming back to our house to hang out. Too bad we were starving when we left but our pizza took over 2 hours to come!! All in all, we had a pretty fun night!!

 

{Waiting for Loyd, our ride.} 

Tip I learned from beer fest: Make a pretzel necklace before going to any other beer fest!! {We saw tons of people with these and we couldn't have been more jealous!}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!