Thursday, February 4

flag

On Thanksgiving, my grandma gave Kurt and I a housewarming present -- an American flag. I was excited about this because a flag is something I would probably never spend my own money on, but I'd love to have one flying on our house. At that time, I had already started my Christmas list, which included an IU flag and flagpole. I was able to check the flagpole off the list, but still wanted the IU flag {badly}!! And, one of Kurt's brothers gave us an IU flag for Christmas!!! 

We finally got around to hanging it last weekend. We had a tough decision which flag to fly first. But, in the end, we decided to show our Alma-mater pride first. It was really quick to hang it and it's exciting that we already have two flags to alternate between. Check it out...

 

We marked where the holes needed to be and then drilled in those spots...


...then hammered the anchors in...

 

...Kurt used his big muscles to screw the holder-thingy in...


...I put the flag on the pole and screwed it into the holder, and voila!

 

...what it looks like now...
{p.s.- do you see how great the new blinds look upstairs in our bathroom??}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!