Wednesday, August 5

wide-awake

In case you don't normally check the time on posts, it's 3:45 am!!

I can't sleep.
I've listened to my new Diane Birch C.D. two times.
{By the way, she's amazing. If you've never listened, you should.}
I've played Brick Breaker {a stupid game} on my phone {and beat my record and almost the game}...

I'm not quite sure why I can't sleep and what I should do to fall back asleep.

I'm kinda weird sometimes and can't sleep when I'm excited about things even when I want to sleep really badly. Like before I go on vacations...I never sleep. I'm always way too excited thinking about all the fun I'm about to have. And, especially Christmas Eve. Ever since I've been little, I have a very hard time sleeping well on Christmas Eve with all the anticipation of Santa coming! {Yes, Santa still comes to our house!}

So, you're probably thinking what is exciting me so much that I can't sleep.
{I'm not sure this is the reason, but it's my only guess.}

Kurt and I are going to look at somewhere around ten more houses tomorrow! We've taken the *wonderful* advice of our great friends Josh and Meredith and decided to look into moving to this really awesome up and coming neighborhood just north of downtown. Mom and I drove around the neighborhood last night together and fell in love. I am so excited, I drove Kurt around this afternoon to see what he'd think. AND, on the way to go listen to some great {Diane Birch} music, Josh, Meredith, Kurt, and I drove by 'our house.' Clearly, there is one house in particular that I am anxious to go through. I'm trying as hard as possible to keep myself from becoming too giddy about the house {especially because we haven't even stepped foot inside}! But, the conversation tonight kept coming back to how awesome it would be for us to be neighbors, Kurt's 'man room', and more about this particular house.

I'm glad we're keeping our options open and looking at other houses in different areas, too. I'm just really hoping that tomorrow we'll find what will soon become our first home.....again I need to stop getting my hopes up too high.

Cooper is begging us to hurry up and find a house so we can be together again as a family. And, moving into a house means he's one step closer to acquiring a {doggie} sister and a fenced in backyard to play all day! As for tonight, I'll keep envisioning that wonderful backyard {wherever it may be} and keep praying for good house hunting tomorrow!

{I thought this would make me tired. It didn't. Ugh!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!