Monday, August 24

love what you do

Like I've said before, I love my job.
I love the kids.
I love the school where I teach.
And now, I love my new little room.

Because I was doing two maternity leaves last year, I didn't have my own space. I used the other teachers' desks, materials, etc. It wasn't a huge deal because I didn't have to worry about being a first year teacher and trying to get a classroom together in a short amount of time. I found out that I was getting rehired at Orchard early on in the summer, but didn't know where I would have an office/room until shortly before school began. The lady that semi-retired, decided to move all of her things out of her room and give me the entire space {which was SO incredibly thoughtful of her!}

The room is so much bigger than it used to be {because I moved out a ton of unnecessary bookcases/shelves, added a white board, and made it more kid-friendly} and will now allow for me to actually teach small groups in my room. Although last Tuesday was our first day of school, I haven't done too much teaching yet. Starting today, I'll have kids in and out of my room while I begin teaching my reading groups, math group, and pulling kids who need extra help in the afternoon. I can't wait to start having kids use the space that I've now called home during the day. This room is great for a beginning teacher, but I can't wait to get into a real classroom in the next couple of years.

If you're wondering where I spend my time teaching my little kiddos, wonder no more....

This is what you see when you walk into the door.
My teacher space.
The bookcase accessible to kids.
A wheeling white board for activities and storage.

When you walk in and turn right, you'll see this.
The table where kids will sit during reading group, etc.
The brand new magnetic white board.

And, that's about it! While it seems small, it's cozy for now. I'm still happy that I didn't have the stress of getting an entire classroom together this year. And, this room is W.A.Y. bigger than it was before I moved it. Kids and adults have been amazed this past week with how much space is in it! I suppose I should get ready and plan for the day/week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!