Wednesday, January 27

finishing the laundry

Okay, I know it's been a long time since I last updated you on the laundry room progress. A couple weekends ago, we finally got the majority of the room complete. {I know it seems like we're taking our sweet time on this, but it's been hard for us to find time on weekends to get work complete!!}

After painting an already small room trying to maneuver around the washer and dryer, Kurt's dad helped us put in our new counter top. 



Although the counter was a huge improvement, we were still lacking any storage in the laundry room. We decided to add two cabinets to provide tons of storage. Cabinets seemed like the best idea because they will keep the counter clear {to fold} AND allow for 'organized' chaos behind closed doors!   

And so we began...

The laundry room is very deep. That was the problem with the shelf that was in there originally. If we attached the cabinets directly to the wall, it would be challenging for me to reach any of the shelves {since I'm a little shorty}! Kurt's dad used some wood that he had to build a frame. First, they attached the frame to the wall.




Then, they attached the two cabinets to the frame. {I'm making this sound so easy! It took them quite awhile and lots of work to get these puppies attached to the frame!}



After screwing the cabinet doors on, the major project of the room was complete! Take a look for yourself...



{I'm sorry these pictures are so bad. The room is so small it's hard to get a good shot of the entire room...}



I couldn't wait to get things put away {aka hidden!} and try to get things more organized. We did buy a few plastic bins from Target, but for the most part we've thrown things in. Hopefully, we'll find some time to organize them a bit more...





I know you probably don't believe me, but I promise to finish the last of the laundry room updates tomorrow!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!