Sunday, December 8

Once again...

...it's a busy month. With this being N's first holiday season, we're trying to soak up every moment and do as many Christmasy things as possible. But when trying to make plans with friends today, I realized just how crazy busy we are yet again. And, before we know it December will be over {thank goodness that means we'll be in Mexico and not snowy Indiana}!

The next time I blog, Christmas and New Years will probably have passed. Our Mexico trip may be over and N's birthday will be drawing even closer. So, I thought I better check-in and give some updates since we may not be back around here for awhile. 

I will only be in the office 3 more days this month {!!!} and working while I travel four more days. This week I am traveling to Nashville, TN on Wednesday and Louisville, KY on Thursday for two of our office holiday lunches. We are going to try to take N to Christmas at the Zoo on Thursday night {to avoid crowds}, but it looks like the weather may not cooperate. Friday we are going to go sit on Santa's lap and then attend the Indianapolis office holiday lunch. 

Friday evening Kurt and I have his office holiday dinner and Saturday is Kurt's family Christmas. Both nights will require babysitters and will mean two more evenings we won't be able to snuggle with N before bed. 

Monday I hit the road again to attend the Grand Rapids holiday lunch and then head over to the Geneva office for their lunch on Tuesday. Kurt and my mom are going to meet my dad and me in the city on Tuesday afternoon for a last minute getaway. We get to spend a couple days celebrating my brother's birthday with him. I'm super excited for this mini-getaway. Kurt and I used to go to Chicago right before Christmas every year. We haven't been able to do it for 5 years or so now. I'm so very anxious to spend these couple days with him enjoying a city we haven't visited for far too long and partaking in activities we used to do each year at this time!

Once we get home and pick up N from Kurt's parents, we plan to take her to Jolly Days at The Children's Museum on that Friday. I can't wait to see all of the fun activities they have and I'm sure we'll stop by the Playscape to run around for a bit. 

That gives us one weekend before Christmas. We'll have my extended family Christmas celebration on the Sunday before Christmas. I have to work one more day {Monday the 23rd} before I have off until after the first of the year! Christmas Eve my dad and I will shop like we do every year and then we'll attend an earlier mass than we usually do. I'm guessing we'll spend a very casual Christmas Eve with my parents before having 3 celebrations on Christmas Day {ours, Kurt's family, & my family}. The couple days after Christmas will be spent with a little relaxation, possibly a little shopping, and packing for our trip.

The Saturday after Christmas we'll be off on our annual trip to Cabo! We didn't get to go last year because I was about to pop! I can't remember the last time I was THIS excited about a vacation! Going to the same place every year may sound boring to some. But, it gives us something to look forward to - the restaurants, the beach, the spa, the pools - and we know what to expect, what to pack. It makes it so easy. So much fun! I can't wait to see Norah in the pool. Last time we were near water, she was still unsure of it. She absolutely loves bath time now, and I'm pretty sure swimming is going to be on her lists of things she enjoys doing!

While this time of year is so hectic, I can't help but to love every minute of it. The smells, the shopping, the gift giving, the excitement. Oh, how I love the excitement. This year I'm even more excited. To share this time of year with my baby for the first time gives me butterflies - the same ones I had when I was a kid so excited for Santa to come. 

Merry Christmas friends. Have an amazing time with your families and friends. I hope you are able to find time to relax and enjoy this season and ring in the new year in style. I may be back before 2014, but if not have the best holiday season yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!