Monday, January 21

Week 38 {and preview of week 39}

Week 38...Almost Baby Time!


My belly can't get a.n.y. bigger!


What's going on with baby and me:
The baby is just chillin'. He/she is clearly not in any hurry to come into this world and is putting on weight as we wait. Today my doctor said, "I think you're going to have a big baby." Just what I wanted to hear! :) I've been fighting a little bit of a cold for the last week. I haven't felt terrible, I'm just congested. It's made it even more difficult to sleep. Thankfully my doctor told me last week that taking Tylenol PM is okay. I've taken it a couple times in the past week and it's really been helpful. I'm still feeling quite a bit of pressure and having contractions on and off. I haven't really been paying as much attention to my contractions because I know that they are not the real deal at this point. The baby hasn't been moving around as much because there truly is no room left! All movements are clearly visible from the outside. So if you look at me and my belly is completely lopsided, it's not an optical allusion...it's really lopsided! 

What happened this week: 
-Monday I had another doctor appointment. She checked me and I was 1 cm, but my cervix wasn't very "favorable." She made me a deal that if I had dilated to 3 cm by my next appointment {today}, she'd go ahead and admit me. Clearly my body didn't get that memo! :) After my appointment, Kurt and I went to the grocery store to stock up on some food since we knew we wouldn't be checking into the hospital any time soon. 
-After school Tuesday I had a meeting. I left school around 5 and headed up to 5 seasons to work out with my mom. It felt good to actually get a good work out in. When I got home, we cooked dinner and then I showered before the IU game at 9. They played horribly, so I ended up falling asleep in the middle of the second half. 
-The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Wednesday I didn't do anything but work, eat, and go to bed early. Thursday I took a nap at my parents' house after school before working out with my mom. We grabbed dinner after our workout and then I came home to go to bed. Friday after school I came home and watched a movie before Kurt and I went out for dinner together. I ended up falling asleep pretty early once we got home. 
-Saturday morning we slept in. We ran up to my parents' house to drop off all the diapers and wipes that my students and their families bought us. We had no room to store them here! Kurt was craving Chipolte so we stopped by there for lunch before heading home to watch the first Blackhawk game {finally!}. Later that night, we walked down to Josh and Mer's to eat some dinner and watch some more hockey. 
-Sunday we slept in again...we're taking advantage of this as much as we possibly can! We picked up some wings and headed over to Kate and Mike's house to meet their new little man, Henry, and watch the IU game. It was great to get to hang out with them for a bit and talk to Kate about labor, delivery, and babies. I can't wait to have play dates with them while we're both off work! We left their house towards the end of the game so Kurt could get his hockey stuff together and head up to his game. I took a quick 30 minute nap before Mer picked me up to go watch the hockey game. My parents and Julia ended up coming to watch the game, too. After the game, we went to Ram to watch some of the football game and eat dinner. Josh and Mer came down to our house to watch the second half of the game and then the beginning part of the Blackhawk game. We had so many different games to watch yesterday! 
-Today I slept in {because I didn't go to bed until late} and then I met Susanah at First Watch for lunch. After lunch we went to go get our nails done. I had been waiting for WAY too long to get them done, but I wanted to get them done right before the baby comes. Even Kurt asked if I was planning to get a pedicure because my toes looked so horrible! :) I met Kurt at home after my nail appointment and then we headed back up north for my doctor appointment. This was my very last appointment before the baby is here!! The next time I'll be in that office will be for my postpartum appointment in 7 weeks...crazy! She checked me today and my cervix had soften a little bit and I'm now 2 cm...better than nothing! On the way home, we stopped at CVS for Kurt to finally get his flu and whopping cough shots {nothing like waiting till the last minute!} and then came home to cook a delicious dinner. He's now at hockey and I'm just hanging with the pups. 

This week will probably be pretty uneventful. I'm planning to work out with my mom on Tuesday and Thursday and I have pilates on Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going into school for a half day for a professional development meeting and to say bye to the kids. Wednesday I plan on staying at home to get the house cleaned and the laundry done. Thursday Kurt and I are planning to get some errands run. The rest of the time I plan on relaxing and sleeping some. 

Someone from St. Vincent Carmel called me last week to set up my induction appointment. We have to be at the hospital at 6 on Sunday. This time next week, Kurt and I should have a baby in our arms. We can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!