Saturday, January 5

Belly Photo {Week 36?}




I'm a huge slacker and I'm not even going to try to play catch up on the 5 weeks I've now missed! Here is the most recent picture Kurt has taken of me. I'm pretty sure my skin can't stretch anymore! 

The four weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas seemed to drag on FOREVER. I was looking forward to Winter Break so much, and now as I sit here typing this, break is almost over... Our weekends between the two holidays were full of Christmas parties, shopping, IU games, and family celebrations. 

What's going on with baby: Since the last update, the baby has most likely doubled his/her weight and is probably somewhere between 18 and 19 inches long. I can definitely tell that the space is getting tight for Baby W. Most movements I feel can also be clearly seen. The baby is spending time right now practicing his/her breathing skills. It is said that if the baby were to be born right now, he/she could survive just fine {especially since I'll be 37 weeks -- full term tomorrow}...I'm soooo ready, baby! We'd be MORE than happy for you to make an early appearance. :)

What's going on with me: Other than being 100% impatient, nothing. We had a 36 week doctor appointment last week, and now my appointments are weekly. She checked me. While I haven't dilated, my doctor said my cervix seemed very soft and not as high up as a typical first time mom. Better than nothing! Winter break has been amazing for me. I've been sleeping in every day, getting SO much done around the house {which makes spending time at home way more enjoyable!}, reading lots of books, and eating some good food {I have worked out a couple times...not nearly enough!}. While I do think going back to work will be good for me {to keep my mind off the baby as much as possible, to help the kids transition, to pass time quickly, etc.}, I'm really wishing that I didn't have to go back for two weeks before my maternity leave begins. I need to enjoy the last couple days of my break and jump back into reality on Monday. Only 11 more days to get up early...no problem! 

Last day - Tuesday, January 22nd. {Maybe, just maybe earlier if the baby comes early!!}

As for now, I'll enjoy the time with the pups and Kurt. We have most everything ready for the baby. Our hospital bag is semi-packed. Now we wait for Baby W, which is probably one of the most difficult things for me. Waiting for something I'm SO, SO, SO excited about but have absolutely NO idea when I'm going to get to meet him/her. Any ideas of how to induce labor are warmly welcomed! 

PS - My husband has been sick and in bed/on the couch all day today. It's been a wonderful excuse for me to do absolutely nothing today, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!