Thursday, April 30

smitten for...love 3

The boy apparently had a wonderful time on our date. While it wasn't horrible, I wasn't having any feelings for the boy and didn't feel like I needed to talk to him all the time. But, I continued chatting with him when he would call and we continued to see each other every once and awhile when we ended up at the same places. 

That summer, it was a big deal for us to go to this comedy club by my house. The boy called one day and wanted to know if I would go to the comedy show with him. I don't really know why, but I gladly accepted. Honestly, I don't really remember anything special about this night. {The boy had to remind me years later about the events that took place...oops!} 

After the show, we went back to my parents house and hung out. I remember watching t.v. with him while laying on the couch. He was sitting up and I was laying my head on his lap. The one thing that I remember vividly is the fact that his stomach was growling ALL night and he kept having to get up and go to the bathroom. :) {I was reminded} that at the end of the evening, the boy leaned his head down towards mine for our first, very innocent kiss. 

I still wasn't totally into this boy. Why? I don't know. It was fun to hang out with him, but he really wasn't my "type." I didn't really want a boyfriend during my Senior year, especially one who was going away to college soon. 

Towards the end of the summer, a ton of people from my high school decided to go to the John Mayer concert. It was a hot, muggy night filled with dancing and gossiping. The boy called me to let me know that he was at the concert, too. We decided on a meeting place so we could chat for a minute. Our chat turned into a small make-out session. It quickly ended and we decided it was time to go back to our respective friends for the remainder of the evening. 

The summer was coming to an abrupt end and it was time for the boy to leave for IU. We had had a few discussions about our status, and both agreed it was in our best interest to remain friends. I knew that being a freshman at IU would bring many new and fun experiences, not to mention the plethora of beautiful girls whom the boy would surely become interested in.  

The night before the left for IU, I hung out at his parent's house while he packed things up. We had a fun time just hanging out together. Late into the evening, I decided it was time for me to leave. As he walked me out to my Jeep, I felt these crazy feelings that I hadn't felt for him before. We hugged and kissed for a minute, he opened my door and asked for me to put my window down. We said our one last "see you later" and kissed one more time. I drove away, wind blowing and music blasting {just like the night we met}, but this time I began to cry harder than I have ever done so in my life. Now I knew I liked this boy and he was being taken away from me. 

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!