Sunday, December 2

Week 31

Week 31


Well I must say, I was pretty productive last Sunday after I finished blogging. I got the first 5 Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree and finished a couple weeks worth of laundry. This week definitely wasn't as crazy as the month before, but we still had quite a bit going on. Only 3 more weeks of school before Winter Break. I. Can't. Wait. 

What's going on with baby: Baby W continues to grow {let's hope not too big!}. He/she is around 16 inches long and over 3 pounds. The baby can turn it's head from side to side, which I can definitely feel at the top of my belly since it's breech....I don't think there is much room up top for a head and shoulders! The baby continues to move around quite a bit, especially when Daddy puts his hand on my belly. 

What's going on with me: All the books/websites say that I could start feeling Braxton Hicks contractions now. I'm not really sure if I have or not, but there are definite times when my belly is harder than others. Some of those times I think it's the baby's head or shoulders I can feel. My back doesn't hurt as much as I expected it to. I've been sleeping pretty well. I usually wake up between 2 & 3 to go to the bathroom and sometimes have a hard time falling back to sleep. While it's hard for me to stay up later than 10ish most nights, I do sleep better the later I go to bed. I typically get a good 4-5 hour stretch of sleep before I'm tossing and turning. The 20+ pounds I've gained have started making my feet really hurt by the end of the day. I try to stay off my feet as much as possible, but that's not really realistic with my job! :) I am starting to notice my feet and hands swelling a bit by the end of the day. Nothing crazy. My rings still fit, but they are a little more difficult to take off than usual. I'm still feeling really pretty great! I do think that working out 2-3 times a week has really helped. My plan is to continue working out until I deliver. It's definitely getting a litter harder to workout and I don't really feel like I've done much when I'm finished. But, it's better than nothing! 

What happened this week:
-Monday after school I had a quick parent conference. After that, I came home. Kurt and I actually had time to make dinner together and enjoy some time just relaxing. 
-Tuesday was another day with meetings after school. After I was finished, I rushed up to Noblesville {thank God we don't live up there because the traffic is terrible!} to pick up the bedding for the baby's crib! I really probably should have gone another day, but I was too excited to wait. After driving for close to 45 minutes to get up to the store, I rushed back to get to 5 Seasons to work out with my mom. I was pretty late and only got in about 30 minutes of working out. When I got home, I helped Kurt pick up the house a bit before Lauren and Tom came over for dinner. Kurt made chili in the morning and I made some cookies when I got home. Both were delicious! Lauren and Tom hung out for a bit and then we watched the IU/North Carolina bball game. It was a pretty late night considering the game didn't start until 9:30!
-Wednesday I had pilates after school. I decided to run a few errands after working out to try and buy some more Christmas presents. I made it to a few stores before I was ready to get home and eat some dinner! I hate how early it gets dark now...it feels so much later than it really is!
-Thursday after school, I went to run some more errands. This time with ideas of things I wanted to buy for the baby's room. It was a really successful trip to a couple stores! {Pictures to come of things I bought for the room...} After shopping, I met my mom to work out. We went to dinner together and went to The Blue Door to do a little shopping. I was pretty tired by the end of the evening from being on my feet a ton all day. I was ready to get home and get in bed after a long day. 
-Friday I went to get a manicure. When I was finished, I met Kurt at Lowe's to pick up some things for our projects we wanted to do in the baby's room. After that, we went to my parent's house and all went out to dinner with them. We finally got home around 9:30. We hung out for a bit before heading to bed. We knew Saturday was going to be a busy day. 
-Saturday, Kurt had to get up early to go pick up a few tools from his parent's house and the head to IU North for his New Dad class! When he left, I got up and watched a few shows before cleaning the house. He got home around noon and we got right to work on all of our projects {bookshelves, closet shelves & reorganizing, laundry, etc}. We worked on things for over 7 hours. I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, but felt SO great about all the work we completed. I am absolutely loving how the baby's room is coming together and am so excited to be able to spend time in there with our little one!! Once we finally sat down, we really didn't feel like cooking anything for dinner. We picked up some Chinese food, watched the second half of the IU game, and relaxed for the rest of the night. Of course, I fell asleep on the couch pretty early while Kurt stayed up and watched some Christmas movies without me....there is NO way I could have stayed awake! :) 
-Today was another great day! Mer and Magee hosted a baby shower for me. I'm so thankful for great friends! I had so much fun seeing so many friends I don't get to see very often. When I got home, Kurt and I finished up a few things in the baby's room and I put another load of baby clothes in the washer. I plan to put that all away tonight before heading to bed. 

Our next doctor appointment is Tuesday. I'm guessing it will be quick and painless {although I have to get a shot...ugh} like last time. I know the baby is still breech so we'll probably talk about that some more. We HAVE to get a  pediatrician finalized so I'd like to talk to the dr about that. 

Only 15 more days that I have to get up early before I'm off work for two weeks. I'm SO excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!