Monday, October 29

Weeks 25 & 26


{Yep, this is the last time I can wear this Colts shirt for awhile...!}

How big is baby: Our baby has grown from a pound and a half to a pound and two-thirds during these two weeks....or so they say. My prediction is that Baby W is going to be a big baby if he/she is anything like his/her daddy! Let's hope not too big! The baby is around 14 inches long and growing. Clearly his/her arms and legs are growing in length as well as developing muscles because I am constantly feeling the baby doing gymnastics. The other night I was looking at my belly and saw it move out in one area a couple inches from a punch or a kick! :)

What's going on with baby:  The baby is mainly continuing to add more and more baby fat to his/her body. Again, not sure that's going to be a problem for our baby. Will the baby have chubby cheeks like his/her mommy? Probably. Parts of his/her body continue to become more developed and he/she is working on learning how to breath by inhaling and exhaling the amnionic fluid. 

Symptoms: Nothing new. Broken out face. Heels hurt most afternoons. Up a couple times at night to pee. Lower back pain. Other than that, I've been SO lucky to have an easy pregnancy. With that being said, I'm ready. So ready to have reports/conference day over, celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with Kurt and our families, and have this baby in our arms. Other than finding out if we're going to have a boy or a girl, I'm most excited to see what the baby looks like. I'm really impatient....really. 

What happend the last two weeks:
For the first time in awhile, two weeks ago was fairly low-key considering how busy things have been around here. 
-Monday I came home after school and was able to mostly relax. Tuesday I went to work out with my mom. A much needed workout! Wednesday I had my normal pilates after school. 
-Thursday I had an early morning meeting and then I rushed home after school because Kurt was at the lake all day helping to get things ready for winter. I needed to get home to let the dogs out. It was like a Friday for me because we didn't have school on Friday or Monday for Fall Break. As I was sitting on the couch relaxing, the dogs were hanging out outside. Olive somehow caught a squirrel. She was so proud and came to the door to show me her prize. Of course I freaked out and got so mad at her. At first I wouldn't let the dogs in but no one was around to come over and pick up the squirrel. I let them in and then had to give her a bath. Kurt finally got home a couple hours later and picked up the squirrel. Perfect way to begin fall break, huh? :)
-Friday was spent running errands all day. Kurt and I met my mom for lunch and then I went to the mall with my mom while Kurt went to his office to get a little work done. After the mall, I went back to the office with my mom to wait for Kurt. She didn't know that my brother was bringing a cake to the office to celebrate their 40th anniversary. I stayed there to help celebrate. When Kurt picked me up, we had a lot to get accomplished. We went to Party City to get the decorations for my parents' party, we went to the mall to look around, then we headed to dinner, and had to stop by the grocery store on the way home to pick up the cake and a few other things. We ended up not getting home until after 9 and I was exhausted. 
-Saturday we slept in a little and then headed straight to Little Flower to get the room ready for the surprise party. We were there wayyy longer than I had expected. We rushed home after decorating to get ready for the party and let the dogs out. We had about an hour to get ready and get back to Little Flower for 5:00 mass. We also had to do a couple more things before heading into church. 

The party was perfect. My parents were SO surprised and happy to see so many people there. I'm so glad we were able to throw this party for my parents to help them celebrate their anniversary. 40 years is quite an accomplishment! I was pretty disappointed because the photographer we had lined up cancelled an hour before the party started. I spent most of the night running around trying to socialize with people but take pictures. Of course, most of them turned out terrible because of the bad lighting and me trying to figure out how to best set my camera to get the best shots. 

-Sunday we had another early morning because my parents were being honored at mass again at IHM. We met everyone at church at 11:15 and then headed to brunch to celebrate one more time. After brunch, Kurt and I ran to Three Dog Bakery to pick up some treats for Cooper's birthday and then came home to watch football and relax. I went to Kurt's hockey game later that evening with plans on going to dinner with him after the game. The game was running really late which didn't leave us with many options for dinner after the game, considering it was 10:00 once he got out of the locker room. We headed to Stacked Pickle for a late dinner. When we got home, we went straight to bed. 

-Monday was an early morning because I had a dentist appointment at 9:00. I had to leave at 8:15 to get there on time. After my appointment, I went to Super Target. I. Love. Target. I was there for a long time and literally looked around the whole store. It was really nice to not feel rushed. After picking up some fun things and groceries, I headed home and took a short nap. I ran up to Buy Buy Baby to pick up a baby shower gift for Kate and then rushed to my eyebrow wax appointment. When I got home, Kurt and I cleaned up the house and I started some laundry. Kurt left for his hockey game and I got in bed early knowing we had another busy week.
-Tuesday after school I came home quickly, changed, and freshened up before Kurt and I went up to IU North for our first childbirth class. We stopped at McDonald's on the way to grab a quick 'snack' before our 3 1/2 hour class. It went pretty quickly because we had fun with Kate and Mike being there with us. Kurt and I went to dinner after our class because we didn't have enough time to eat before. We ended up going to Granite City. I wished I could partake in the awesome pitcher deal they were having that night... 
-Wednesday I had pilates after school. I was absolutely exhausted when I got home and not feeling great. I feel asleep on the couch for a little bit while Kurt was playing a game. I spent the night in pain because I tweaked my arm somehow and it killed me! The only thing that helped was lying in bed with my arm stretched out. I slept horribly that night. 
-Thursday my arm still hurt when I bent it or grasped anything. It was good to be at school because it kept my mind off my arm. I think that being on the go all day helped it loosen up and feel better. Kurt met me at school at 3:45 because we had a meeting with our HR person to talk about my maternity leave and our benefits. It made me even more excited for January to be here. :) I've decided that unless Baby W comes early, my last day at school will be Tuesday, January 22. That will give me a couple days before my due date to be at home and relax/clean before the baby decides to come. We had a couple errands to run, so we dropped my car off at my parent's house. After Target, Qudoba {OMG we need to stop eating out!}, Jos. A. Banks, and Nordstrom, we went back to my parents to get my car. They were home so we ended up staying and chatting for awhile. By the time we got home, it was kinda late and I went straight to bed. 
-Friday after school was Kate's baby shower. It was so fun to see all of the things she got for their baby boy! I'm so excited to start adding toys, clothes, etc to our baby's closet! When I got home, I freshened up so Kurt, Josh, Mer, and I could go to dinner in Fountain Square. After dinner, we went to Radio, Radio with Yoder to see Mason Jennings. It was a fun, chill night listening to some good live music. 
-Saturday Kurt and I headed to Chicago to see Bradd, Courtney, and Ben. It has been SOO long since we've seen them. I'm so glad we were able to visit, even though it was a really short trip. 
-We didn't get home from Chicago until after 7 last night...WAYYY later than planned. Kurt immediately left for hockey. I got ready for bed and tried to work on reports for a little while. I didn't get much accomplished before I went to bed. 

This week is going to be another busy one...shocking! Add reports on top of everything going on and I'm about to loose my mind. I have pictures I'd like to upload to the blog from the surprise party and some other things that have been going on but that'll have to wait. I need to write reports. Like last week. Why do I have to procrastinate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!